The Longford Sisters
The Longford Lighthouse was built in 1857 on the Arthur Dewey Longford family farm on the Massachusetts coast. During the 1940’s, the Longford sisters were both the Longford lighthouse keepers and dance troupe. In the years following the Great Depression, the Longford Lighthouse became a gathering place for artists, poets, musicians and dancers. The lighthouse has been maintained by the women of the Longford clan for five generations.